|Benefits to the Geologist
Acurate and Representative Samples
- The Sample Pro is in constant vibratory motion. Cuttings are thoroughly mixed within the sample tray, resulting in an accurate representation of the entire drilled interval.
- Adjustable cover plates regulate the amount of drill cuttings being sampled.
- Protected mesh screen at the base of the sample trays ensures no fines are lost.
- 2 removable trays ensure that no sample interval is missed.
- Simple sampling process increases likelihood that sample will be taken on time.
More Time to Interpret Samples
- Standardized sieve plate and collector tray ensure sample quality is consistent from rig to rig, regardless of the level of experience of the rig hands.
- Sample is typically cleaner and sieved to the proper size, saving the Geologist time in processing the sample.
- Less supervision of sample collection frees up the Geologist’s time and reduces potential conflict with rig crew.
Benefits to the Rig Crew
Health and Safety
- Fast and simple sampling process reduces need to run to shaker due to time constraints. Less risk of slipping and tripping while running to shaker to take a sample.
- No need to lift a heavy pail of mud and cuttings to process the contents. Reduces the risk of back injury and slipping or tripping while carrying a heavy pail.
- In invert mud systems, no need for the use of high pressure diesel wash gun. Eliminates exposure to aerosolized diesel fumes.
- Simplified sampling process saves time. Can focus more attention on daily rig work without sacrificing sample quality.
- Can collect accurate samples even when no geologist on location.
- Simplified sampling process will reduce or eliminate conflict with Wellsite Geologist.